Halloween Decorations

 

Happy Halloween!


If you didn't get enough Halloween last night, we have a bit more for you!


The middle decoration is human. This house is my Halloween MVP every year until someone steers me somewhere that has people making a greater effort. I live in Buzzards Bay, but I take the kid to Duxbury to trick or Treat, half because of the awesome decorations, half because people tend to give out full-size candy bars in wealthier neighborhoods, and a seemingly-impossible third half because it was what I was doing when I was a kid.






We have a 13 year old photographer on the spectrum, and this is his offering.


It was a cold night, with more than frost on the pumpkin.



An MC Escher monster, consuming itself.


I think this dude actually had a TV screen in the yard, I just didn't drive by the house at dark to see what it was.

The guy on Long Pond Road in Plymouth never disappoints. Beetlejuice there is a Lawn Yeti for the rest of the year. 


The House Of The Blue Light


Red Skeleton and wife...


We mostly did Duxbury and Plymouth, may be some Bourne and Wareham thrown in. I also don't remember any of these pics being from Halifax, but they do have a few people who make extra effort and we probably balled through Mopo at some point.



Sort of like the Mary Celeste legend or the Tales Of The Black Freighter comic, but with a Boston Whaler.


We did a comparative analysis of trick or treating hauls between rich towns and poor ones when we worked for the now-defunct Cape Cod TODAY. We went to Washington Street in Duxbury, a Brockton apartment complex, a Wareham trailer park and Jerusalem Road in Cohasset. We did it over two years, and gave ourselves an hour in each town. We then weighed each bag from each town at the end of the night. Amazingly, both years (Duxbury vs Wareham and Cohasset vs Brockton) ended in ties. Rich people give out better candy, but poor people live closer together- no small factor when you are walking with a costumed 6 year old. This house- which is owned by a really nice couple- has about a 125 yard driveway. We make the trek every year, because they decorate well and are very friendly to my kid.


When this homeowner tells you that his chairs have good lumbar support, you can take him seriously because you know he has done the research.



Some people hate Halloween candy chutes, but not me. I love them, especially if the family puts in extra effort, like this house did. I should have filmed this, it played music and everything. The lady in the window (added bonus when trick or treating Duxbury... gorgeous trophy wives) was gesticulating at me as I shot. It looked friendly, so I used this shot. If she was upset I was shooting at her house, I apologize. I did say she was gorgeous, so her anger should be tempered somewhat.




From the makers of Trump Steaks... Stacey stole this from Facebook, we didn't get to try the candy. It simply HAS to be orange flavored. Future political scientists will note that this candy idea boosted Trump to an 87-13% advantage over Biden in the desirable-but-can't-vote-yet 3-12 demographic.


My cat won't stand still for a photo, but I haven't yet tried staking it to the lawn and letting it erode away to skeletal form.


I saw some good costumes, but none were seen from further away than this kid down below...







What my phone does to a Halloween blue moon.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tropical Storm Warning for SE Mass, Coastal Trouble Likely

Run To The Hills: The South Coast Sledding Guide

Buzzards Bay Coastal Flooding