Cranberry Harvest, Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts, 10/23/23

 

It was a lovely day for a cranberry bog walk.

I try to avoid pestering the workers as I pester the workers.


The cranberry bog people supplement their income with some wind turbines. The bogs and turbines are on the Bourne/Plymouth town lines, I'm not sure which  town I was in when I was shooting. Buzzards Bay is a village in Bourne, as well as a body of water.


That's my man Big Jake, pullin' in the berries with a fat rake.


This farm is actually rather massive, and they work sections of the bogs at a time.


Our hosts today... 


This is a literal truckload of cranberries.


From the bog to the truck to Ocean Spray... to you!


Ocean Spray has a big processing plant in nearby Carver, Massachusetts.


Video below, and sorry for the shaky...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Run To The Hills: The South Coast Sledding Guide

Buzzards Bay Coastal Flooding

Fall Foliage, Southeast Massachusetts, 10/22-10/23